LIMS LEGACY since 1959
Our founder, the late C.P. Lim, was 12 years old when he left his hometown in Swatow, China for Singapore in search of his Nanyang Dreams.
As a young man, he peddled along the streets of Singapore selling eggs and later became an apprentice under master wood carver at the former, CK Tang. It was there where he learnt and mastered the art of teak and camphor wood chest carvings and gained appreciation of fine furniture, Chinese antiques and asian arts & crafts.
Since 1959, he co-founded and start several business throughout Singapore. With a keen entrepreneurship, Mr. C.P. Lim set up workshops at Kim Keat Road, Cheng San Road, Jalan Kayu and Changi Village. In 1970, the Lim's Arts & Crafts - opened in Holland Road Shopping Centre and has since become a household name amongst Singaporeans for eclectic and ethnic lifestyle products.
For more than 50 years, Lim's has established a loyal following of customers that have enjoyed it's treasure trove of collectibles.